Stage V To maintain the advantages of the unique and unbeaten HI-eSCR technology, FPT Industrial will integrate a maintenance-free filtering device on its SCR catalyst, thus allowing to comply with tightened limits on PM emissions within a compact package. The second generation HI-eSCR 2, applicable for engines above 56kW and below 560kW, where different emission limits apply, will maintain the same after-treatment dimension of the current Tier4 Final / Stage IV applications, requiring no machine redesign nor layout changes for easier upgrade to next emission level. Thanks to optimized combustion, leadership on performance and fuel efficiency is confirmed, while maintenance free aftertreatment and no need for parked regeneration ensure low running costs avoiding unplanned downtime.
• High performance for increased vehicle productivity.
• No additional complexity and lean design for easier installation and maximum reliability.
• Low operating costs thanks to high efficiency and long service intervals.
By way of continuous technical advantages our state of the art engine range allows our customers to have class leading features, such as minimized total cost of ownership and outstanding performance. Key to the optimization of engine efficiency is EGR-free combustion on NEF and Cursor engine families, together with high cylinder pressure and high injection pressures: engines adopting the latest generation of Common Rail system feature peak nozzle pressures of up to 2200 bar. To achieve these targets, crankcase and cylinder head design has been improved to ensure increased structural stiffness. An Electronic Control Unit manages engine parameters and guarantees an accurate control of the after treatment system. Extended service interval, together with a maintenance-free after-treatment solution reduce running cost for end users.
- DEF/AdBlue Supply Module
- DEF/AdBlue Dosing Module
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) NO → NO2 HC, CO and PM oxidation
- DEF/AdBlue Injection Hydrolysis → NH3+CO2
- DEF/AdBlue Mixer
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) NO and NO2 reduction by NH3 to N2 and H2O
- Clean Up Catalyst Residual NH3 oxidation
*AdBlue®/DEF = CO(NH2)2 + H20
PM Particulate Matter
HC Unburnt Hydrocarbons
NOx Nitrogen Oxides
CO Carbon Monoxide
CO2 Carbon Dioxide
The whole system is fitted with a network of integrated sensors to control temperature, pressure and NOx levels. Exhaust gas flow coming from the engine enters the DOC, where NO is oxidised to NO2, in order to maximize SCR catalyst’s efficiency conversion. The ECU (Engine Control Unit), the brain behind the HI-eSCR 2 system, checks, through integrated sensors network, the amount of Water-Urea (DEF/AdBlue) solution to be injected in the exhaust pipe. To increase the durability of the injector, Dosing Module is cooled by the engine coolant. The HI-eSCR 2 after-treatment system adopts a fiLering device on its SCR catalyst. At the same time as trapping and oxidizing the Particulate Matter, the catalyst converts NOx into Nitrogen (N2) and water (H2O) thanks to the chemical reaction of Ammonia (NH3) generated from DEF/Adblue. In the end, the integrated CUC eliminates the remaining Ammonia (NH3). The result is a reduction of NOx superior to 95% and the PM levels within Stage V emission limits.
• Closed loop control with proprietary algorithms and dedicated sensors to provide accurate monitoring of exhaust gas composition and optimized DEF/AdBlue dosing strategy.
• Thermally insulated high turbulence mixer to allow homogeneous DEF/ AdBlue evaporation and urea hydrolysis ensuring correct distribution in exhaust gas flow.
• Optimized exhaust gas thermal management to ensure emission compliance in all working conditions.
• All after-treatment components are packaged in a compact and fully enclosed structure, providing flexible layout options to simplify installation on machines.